Frequently Asked Questions
Are all of the study materials online?
Yes, our study materials are available to you any time you have an internet connection, because they’re all online. We’ll also provide the forms for you to add an optional skills checkoff. Additional cost may be required if you cannot do your skills checkoff with your employer.
How many continuing education units can I earn with your courses?
ACLS and PALS recertification provide 4 CEU/CME credits for each course, and BLS recertification provides 2 CEU/CME credits.
How often can I retake the exam?
The ACLS, PALS, and BLS final exams may be taken as many times as you need.
When will I receive my card?
Your digital card(s) will be / available as soon as you pass the final exam (it’s graded immediately), complete the post-course evaluation, and register for your CEU/CMEs.
If I’ve never certified before, can I still take your courses?
Our courses are designed primarily for providers that have some experience with the content, and are ready to renew. There are a number of other options that we recommend for your initial certification:
- The American Heart Association: The American Heart Association offers eLearning and Blended Learning courses to provide complete, flexible training solutions.
- The ACLS Certification Institute: Fast, accredited, and online! Get your ACLS, BLS, PALS, or NRP certification or recertification from the ACLS Certification Institute.
- ACLS Testing Center: Online ACLS, BLS and PALS courses. They're 100% online, affordable, and you can finish your certification same-day!
- ProMedCert: ProMedCert is a suite of Online Certification Courses (ACLS, PALS, BLS, and CPR) designed for the healthcare professionals of the future.
- eMedCert: eMedCert offers fast & easy nationally accepted medical certifications online. 100% money-back guaranteed courses are based on AHA guidelines.
What if I need a hard copy of my card quickly?
We can expedite shipping on your hard copy card so you can get it quickly. Additional shipping fees will apply. Your digital card will be available immediately after you pass the exam and complete the post-course evaluation.
How can I prepare for the final exam?
We have unlimited practice exams for all of our courses, and we encourage you to use them to prepare for the recertification exam.
My card already expired. Can I still recertify?
As long as you have certified at some point, our recertification courses work. Our courses are designed to review the material and give you any new guidelines since the last time you certified.
How do your courses align with AHA guidelines?
Our courses and exams are derived from the latest AHA cognitive guidelines, which came out in 2015.
Will I need to complete a clinical skills test?
We can provide you with a skills verification form if your employer requires you to take a clinical skills test, but it is not required for you to receive your ACLS, PALS, or BLS card. You may incur additional cost from a local testing center or clinician to complete your clinical skills test.
Will my card have the AHA logo?
No. Your card will have the ACLS Training Association Logo. We are not the AHA. Our courses are based on the guidelines published by the AHA, but we are not the AHA.